The Meteoroid Program
Wharf42 launched the Meteoroid Program in January 2015 at Basestation, Tauranga.
The aim then, and now, is to provide the support necessary to assist early stage Kiwi tech companies establish their presence in Silicon Valley. For that reason, Wharf42 has established a strong relationship with the International team at Plug and Play Tech Center, the Valley’s largest business incubator. The program is housed in the Plug and Play complex in Sunnyvale.
For 2017, the Meteoroid Program is going to focus on the AgTech sector. This reflects our other major Silicon Valley initiative for the year; supporting and helping build the 2017 SVForum AgTech Immersion Program and Conference. It means we will be working with early stage Kiwi tech companies engaged in robotics, drones, sensors, the Internet of Things and Big Data.
For more details about this Program, please contact us via our Contact Us page
Why Choose Us
- The Meteoroid Program is based inside the Plug and Play Tech Center
- Our in-market networks provide early stage Kiwi startups with great connectivity
- We provide coaching in New Zealand to prepare you for your Silicon Valley experience
- We work with NZ central and local Government agencies, to provide in-market support
- We are a recognised bridge between NZ tech and the Silicon Valley ecosystem
What our Partners Say
“We are delighted to partner with the Meteoroid Program to provide mentorship and funding as well as introductions to Plug and Play’s global community of corporate partners and investors”.
“The Meteoroid Program is a great Ambassador for the early stage New Zealand technology & innovation sector. The team at Meteoroid understand the Silicon Valley ecosystem and how best to leverage its many facets.”