I might be a tad biased, but this really is the most amazing opportunity for a suitably qualified candidate to take Agritech New Zealand to the next level.
Over the past 2.5 years, the organisation has grown to be the voice of Agritech in New Zealand. It has brought together stakeholders from across the spectrum – industry, research & government and helped build a significant long-term strategy for the sector via the Agritech Industry Transformation Plan.
Wharf42 will continue to play an important role – being responsible for Global Alliances. We look forward to working with and supporting the organisation’s newly appointed CEO.
The Formal Job Description on Seek
The Agritech sector globally is enjoying steep growth, and New Zealand is well-positioned to benefit from and contribute to this growth – so long as the sector acts strategically, cohesively and intelligently in both the domestic and global markets.
To help individual members and the sector collectively, AgritechNZ invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the full-time position of Chief Executive Officer.
This is a varied, hands-on role including the following responsibilities:
– Implement the strategic plan developed by the Executive Council to meet strategic objectives of AgritechNZ.
– Work for and report to the Executive Council with respect to AgritechNZ being built into a sustainable, fiscally responsible entity under the financial governance of the Executive Council.
– Manage the AgritechNZ budget and P&L according the budgets developed and approved by the Executive Council.
– Arrange project and event sponsorship, in line with direction from the Strategic Plan.
– Provide reporting on financial performance on a monthly basis to the Executive Council.
Membership Retention & Growth
– Develop and grow AgritechNZ membership.
– Be readily available and accessible, responding as required by members.
– Engage effectively with prospects, members and stakeholders.
– Provide reporting on membership matters on a monthly basis to the Executive Council.
Projects & Working Groups
– Instigate and manage projects and practitioner working groups as per the Strategic Plan.
– Provide reporting on project performance on a monthly basis to the Executive Council.
Marketing and Public Relations
– Help develop and maintain a strong public profile for AgritechNZ.
– Support the Chair making major announcements, or responding to media, on policy, direction and purpose, support Executive Councillors who may make announcements from time to time, and be the public spokesperson for AgritechNZ on operational, tactical event and other matters
– Produce monthly newsletters and other communications in line with the Strategic Plan and publish via approved channels.
The closing date for applications is 22 November 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence, and no referees will be contacted until after initial interviews with shortlisted candidates. Applications can be submitted via SEEK.