Undoubtedly one of my favourite NZ Tech events of the year. Sadly I missed tonight’s Auckland launch at PwC, but that’s the price of being based in Tauranga 🙂
If case you missed that post, you can read it here: Living the Tauranga dream. Why we do it. | Wharf 42
Once again, I’ve been asked to be a judge in this year’s Agritech Category with an esteemed group of peers. We are inviting New Zealand agritech companies to submit applications so that we have the chance to review some of the amazing innovation and technology emerging from Aotearoa’s finest.
To be eligible for this category, you need to be a registered NZ company and qualify against at least two of the following criteria:
- Founded in NZ
- Headquartered in NZ (the location of your global head office)
- Have at least 20% of your employees reside in NZ
In entering this category:
- You have developed a technology-based solution for use by those in the primary sector including (but not limited to) fishing, farming, forestry and horticulture.
- Your Agritech solution is genuinely innovative and you can demonstrate how it’s positioned for future success.
- You will be able to provide evidence of at least one commercial sale in the last calendar year; ending 31 December 2020.
- Upon request, you will promptly supply the judges with evidence to support any claims made in this entry and be able to prove that:
- The solution was designed in NZ
- Your company owns or has rights to use the IP
Being a finalist in these Awards provides a great opportunity for agritech businesses to raise their profile in both the domestic market and offshore. The final selection process for each category includes input from invited International Judges who join the local NZ judging team.
You can enter online by visiting: Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Solution — NZ Hi-Tech Awards
I very much hope you enter and look forward to meeting all the finalists in this category at the Hi-Tech Awards Gala Dinner at the Spark Arena in Auckland on Friday 28 May.
If you want to learn more about the ongoing development of the Wharf42 Insights Programme and other initiatives currently being kept under wraps, please sign up for our free Monthly Newsletter.